Removal & Installation
The fuel pump is located in the fuel conditioning module.7.3L Engine
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect both battery ground cables.
- Open the fuel filter/water separator drain valve to release the fuel pressure.
Raise and support the vehicle.
NOTEThe electrical connector is located behind the fuel pump near the frame rail.
- Disconnect the fuel pump harness.
- Remove the fuel line retaining clip and discard, then remove the fuel line from the fuel pump.
- Disconnect the fuel pump delivery line.
- Unclip the brake lines from the fuel pump bracket.
- Loosen the pinch bolt. Spread the mounting bracket. Remove the fuel pump.
- To install, reverse the removal procedure. Torque the bolts to 13 ft. lbs. (17 Nm).