The restraint system diagnostic tool is for restraint system service only. Remove from vehicle prior to road use. Failure to remove could result in injury and possible violation of vehicle safety standards.
- Make sure all restraint system diagnostic tool(s) that may have been installed during the repair have been removed from the vehicle and all SRS components are connected.
- Turn the ignition switch from OFF to ON.
Install the restraints control module fuse F2.05 (10A) to the CJB and install the right hand kick panel cover.
WARNINGBe sure that nobody is in the vehicle and that there is nothing blocking or set in front of any air bag module when the battery ground cable is connected.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
Prove out the Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) as follows:
- Turn the ignition key from ON to OFF. Wait 10 seconds, then turn the key back to ON and visually monitor the air bag indicator with the air bag modules installed. The air bag indicator will light continuously for approximately 6 seconds and then turn off. If an air bag Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) fault is present, the air bag indicator will either, fail to light, remain lit continuously or flash.
- The flashing might not occur until approximately 30 seconds after the ignition switch has been turned from the OFF to the ON position. This is the time required for the RCM to complete the testing of the SRS.
- If the air bag indicator is inoperative and a SRS fault exists, a chime will sound in a pattern of 5 sets of 5 beeps. If this occurs, the air bag indicator and any SRS fault discovered must be diagnosed and repaired.
- Clear all continuous DTCs from the restraints control module using a scan tool.