Proper SRS disarming can be obtained by disconnecting and isolating the negative battery cable. Allow the air bag system capacitor at least 2 minutes to discharge before removing any air bag system components.
- Turn all vehicle accessories OFF.
- Turn the ignition switch to OFF.
- Remove the right hand kick panel cover and remove the restraints control module fuse F2.05 (10A) from the central junction box.
Turn the ignition ON and visually monitor the air bag indicator for at least 30 seconds. The air bag indicator will remain lit continuously (no flashing) if the correct RCM fuse has been removed. If the air bag indicator does not remain lit continuously, remove the correct RCM fuse before proceeding.
Turn the ignition OFF.
WARNINGTo avoid accidental deployment and possible personal injury, the backup power supply must be depleted before repairing or replacing any front or side air bag (SRS) components and before servicing, replacing, adjusting or striking components near the front or side air bag sensors, such as doors, instrument panel, console, door latches, strikers, seats and hood latches.
- The first row side impact sensors are located at or near the base of the B-pillars.
- The second row side impact sensors, if equipped are located at or near the base of the C-pillars.
- To deplete the backup power supply energy, disconnect the battery ground cable and wait at least 1 minute. Be sure to disconnect auxiliary batteries and power supplies, if equipped.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.