The center of the electronic engine control (EEC) system is a microprocessor called the PCM. The PCM receives input from sensors and other electronic components (switches, relays). Based on the information received and programmed into its memory, the PCM generates output signals to control various relays, solenoids and actuators.
Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Disconnect the battery ground cable.
- Remove the fresh air inlet duct.
- Remove the glove compartment.
- Disconnect the 3 powertrain control module (PCM) electrical connectors.
- Remove the 2 PCM nuts.
- Remove the 2 PCM bracket bolts.
- Remove the PCM and bracket as an assembly through the glove compartment opening.
- To install, reverse the removal procedure.