Removal & Installation
- Remove the halfshafts.
Remove the heat shield underbody.
WARNINGThe driveshaft-to-pinion flange bolts, nuts and weighted nuts must be installed in the same locations from which they were removed.
Mark the pinion flange, the driveshaft flexible coupling and each of the three driveshaft-to-pinion flange bolts, nuts and weighted nuts with different color paint so that the driveshaft and differential may be realigned during installation.
WARNINGDo not remove the flex coupling on the driveshaft flange. Make sure to remove only the driveshaft-to-pinion flange bolts and nuts.
- Remove the three driveshaft-to-pinion flange bolts and nuts.
Support the driveshaft at the center and rear.
Loosen the driveshaft yoke adjuster nut.
NOTEThere are shims between the center bearing mounting bracket and the body.
NOTEThe shims must be installed in their original locations.
- Remove the bolts and the shims.
- Slide the rear driveshaft to the full forward position and tighten the adjuster nut.
Position a suitable jack under the axle housing.
NOTEThe front mount has a nut and shim on the top.
- Remove the three mounting bolts.
- Lower the axle housing assembly from the vehicle.
Make sure to position the shim on the front mount before raising the axle housing into position.
Raise the axle housing assembly into the vehicle and install it with the three mounting bolts.
Tighten the driveshaft yoke adjuster nut, while supporting the driveshaft at the center and rear
- Install the three driveshaft-to-pinion flange bolts and nuts.
- Install the heat shield underbody.
- Install the halfshafts.