Removal & Installation
1.6L (W10 And W11) Engines
- Drain the fuel tank.
- Remove the back seat.
- Push the trim panel forward so it is clear of the sensor cover.
- Unscrew the four nuts on the cover.
Remove the cover.
Disconnect the plug connection by pushing to the left and pulling up.
Release the screw cap using special tool 16 1 020.
- Remove the locking clip from the line connection and set aside.
Detach the lines and plug from fuel level sensor unit.
- Carefully lift the sensor unit out of the tank.
- Catch any dripping fuel in a suitable container (and discard safely).
- Before installing the sensor, always replace the rubber seal
- When installing the fuel level sensor, make sure the lug on the sensor unit lines up with and engages in the recess on the tank.
- Attach the lines and plug to fuel level sensor unit.
- Replace the locking clip to the line connection.
Connect the plug connection by pushing down and to the right.
- Replace the cover.
- Replace the four nuts on the cover.
- Replace the trim panel over the sensor cover.
- Install the back seat.
- Refuel the fuel tank.