Inspect the drive belt for signs of glazing or cracking. A glazed belt will be perfectly smooth from slippage, while a good belt will have a slight texture of fabric visible. Cracks will usually start at the inner edge of the belt and run outward. All worn or damaged drive belts should be replaced immediately.
Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the engine undercover.
- Remove the right front wheel.
- Remove the right front inner fender.
- Using Special Service Tools 11 8 410, relieve the tension on the drive belt. Block the tensioner with Special Service Tool 11 8 470.
- Remove the accessory drive belt.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.