Removal & Installation
Motor & Regulator
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Remove the door trim panel.
Remove the outer window cavity cover strip.
NOTEThe window must be fully closed.
- Loosen shims on door the door window glass with Special Service Tool 51 3 240.
- Lower the door window glass halfway.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the window shims.
- Release the window glass from the window regulator and lift out glass.
- Remove the door speaker.
- Disconnect the window motor harness connector.
- Remove the window regulator and motor from the door.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
Once installed, the window position must be relearned as follows:
- With the door closed, raise the window.
- Hold the switch in the -raise- position for 5 seconds, then release.
- Check for proper function.