Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Place a jack or other support to relieve the load on the trailing arm.
- Remove the lower shock absorber mounting bolt.
- Release the ABS sensor and brake hose from the retainers on the shock absorber.
- Remove the 2 upper retaining bolts for the shock absorber.
- Support the shock absorber and remove it from the vehicle.
- Position the shock absorber and install the upper mounting bolts. Torque the bolts to 41 ft. lbs. (56 Nm).
- Be sure that the rubber grommets for the ABS sensor and brake hose are correctly installed.
- Install the ABS sensor and brake hose to the shock absorber retainers.
- Install the lower shock absorber bolt and torque to 103 ft. lbs. (140 Nm).
- Remove the jack from under the trailing arm.