Inspect the spark plug tip for wear and damage. If the tip is covered with carbon, replace the plug. Do not drop or shock the spark plug. If the ceramic body is broken replace the plug.
Removal & Installation
- Remove the spark plug wire connectors.
- Using Special Service Tool 12 1 170, remove the spark plugs.
- Clean the spark plugs.
- If the electrode has traces of wet carbon, allow it to dry and then clean with a spark plug cleaner.
- Check the spark plug for thread damage and insulator damage. If abnormal, replace the spark plug.
- Using Special Service Tool 12 1 170, install the spark plugs and tighten to 27 Nm (20 ft. lbs.)
Reinstall the ignition coils.