Removal & Installation
Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
NOTEAlways connect or disconnect the wiring harness connector from the Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM)/EBTCM with the ignition switch in the OFF position. Failure to observe this precaution could result in damage to the EBCM/EBTCM.
- Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
- Clean the electronic brake control module (EBCM) to Brake Pressure Modulator Valve (BPMV) area of any accumulated dirt and foreign material.
Disconnect the electrical connector from the EBCM.
- Remove the 4 EBCM-to-BPMV retaining bolts.
- Separate the EBCM from the BPMV by carefully pulling apart.
- Ensure the motor pin connector gets removed with the EBCM. A new motor pin connector comes with the replacement EBCM and should be replaced during service of the EBCM.
- Clean the sealing surface of the BPMV, with denatured alcohol and a clean shop cloth.
Use care when aligning the EBCM to the BPMV electrical terminals . Install the EBCM to the BPMV.
NOTEUse the correct fastener in the correct location. Replacement fasteners must be the correct part number for that application. Fasteners requiring replacement or fasteners requiring the use of thread locking compound or sealant are identified in the service procedure. Do not use paints, lubricants, or corrosion inhibitors on fasteners or fastener joint surfaces unless specified. These coatings affect fastener torque and joint clamping force and may damage the fastener. Use the correct tightening sequence and specifications when installing fasteners in order to avoid damage to parts and systems.
Install the 4 EBCM-to-BPMV retaining bolts. Tighten the bolts in a crisscross pattern, and tighten the bolts to 44 lb inches (5 Nm).
NOTEEnsure that the electrical connector is correctly inserted properly into the EBCM prior to swinging the assist locking lever into position. Failure to make a proper connection may cause communication problems with the module.
- Connect the electrical connector to the EBCM.
- If installing a new EBCM it is necessary to program the EBCM.
- Do NOT start the engine, but only turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
- Perform the Service Programming System (SPS) .