Removal & Installation
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove the electrical connector at the vehicle speed sensor.
- Remove the retaining stud and the sensor. Pull straight out in order to avoid damage to the case.
Clean and dry the vehicle speed sensor.
NOTEUse the correct fastener in the correct location. Replacement fasteners must be the correct part number for that application. Fasteners requiring replacement or fasteners requiring the use of thread locking compound or sealant are identified in the service procedure. Do not use paints, lubricants, or corrosion inhibitors on fasteners or fastener joint surfaces unless specified. These coatings affect fastener torque and joint clamping force and may damage the fastener. Use the correct tightening sequence and specifications when installing fasteners in order to avoid damage to parts and systems.
- Install the vehicle speed sensor and the retaining bolt, and tighten the stud to 97 lb inches (12 Nm ).
- Install the electrical connector at the sensor.
- Remove the safety stands.
- Lower the vehicle.
The wheel speed sensors are integral to the hub and bearing assemblies.