- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Deplete the vacuum from the vacuum brake booster by removing the vacuum check valve from the vacuum brake booster grommet. Do not disconnect the vacuum check valve from the vacuum brake hose.
- Disconnect the electrical connector from the brake fluid level sensor.
Disconnect the brake pipes from the master cylinder.
- Plug the open brake pipe fitting ends.
Remove the 2 master cylinder mounting nuts.
- Remove the master cylinder, check the master cylinder brake booster seal for damage. Replace seal if necessary.
- Remove the reservoir from the master cylinder if it is to be reused on a replacement master cylinder.
- Install the brake master cylinder reservoir to the master cylinder if it was removed previously.
- Bench bleed the master cylinder.
- Check to ensure that the master cylinder-to-vacuum brake booster seal is properly seated on the master cylinder barrel.
- Install the master cylinder to the vacuum brake booster.
- Install the 2 brake master cylinder mounting nuts and tighten to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
- Remove the plugs from the brake pipes.
- Install the brake pipes to the master cylinder and tighten to 15 ft. lbs. (20 Nm).
- Connect the electrical connector to the brake fluid level sensor.
- Connect the vacuum brake booster check valve to the vacuum brake booster grommet.
- Bleed the hydraulic brake system.
- Check brake fluid level.