- Remove the compressor crankcase oil drain plug and drain the crankcase into a clean, graduated container.
- Drain the oil from both the suction and discharge ports of the removed compressor into the same container.
- Rotate the compressor shaft to assist in draining the compressor.
Measure and record the amount of oil drained from the removed compressor.
- This measurement will be used during installation of the replacement compressor.
- Properly discard the used refrigerant oil.
- The replacement compressor is shipped with the total system capacity of refrigerant oil.
Before installing the compressor, the refrigerant oil will have to be partially drained:
- Refer to the amount of refrigerant oil recorded during the compressor removal.
- Subtract the amount recorded from the total system capacity.
- The difference between the total system capacity and the recorded amount is the calculated amount to be drained from the replacement compressor.
- Drain the calculated amount of refrigerant oil from the replacement compressor.