Removal & Installation
To help avoid personal injury or damage to the vehicle, a bent, cracked, or damaged fan blade or housing should always be replaced.
- Remove the bolt which retains the A/C line to the fan shroud.
- Remove air deflector shield.
- Remove electrical harness from cooling fan retainers.
- Disconnect the cooling fan electrical connector.
- Remove the four upper fan bolts.
- Raise the vehicle.
- Remove lower closeout panel.
- Remove the four lower fan bolts.
- Remove the fan from the shroud.
Remove fan shroud from radiator.
- Install fan shroud to radiator.
Install the fan to the shroud.
NOTEUse the correct fastener in the correct location. Replacement fasteners must be the correct part number for that application. Fasteners requiring replacement or fasteners requiring the use of thread locking compound or sealant are identified in the service procedure. Do not use paints, lubricants, or corrosion inhibitors on fasteners or fastener joint surfaces unless specified. These coatings affect fastener torque and joint clamping force and may damage the fastener. Use the correct tightening sequence and specifications when installing fasteners in order to avoid damage to parts and systems.
- Install the four lower fan bolts, and tighten bolts to 89 lb inches (10 Nm).
- Install lower closeout panel.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Install the four upper fan bolts, and tighten bolts to 89 lb inches (10 Nm).
- Connect the cooling fan electrical connector.
- Install wiring harness to retainers on cooling fans.
- Install air deflector.
- Install bolt to retain A/C line to fan shroud, and tighten bolt to 89 lb inches (10 Nm).
- Drain the coolant.
- Remove the left headlamp.
- Remove the right headlamp.
- Remove the upper transmission oil cooler pipe from the radiator.
- Loop a rope around each of the upper 2 tabs of the condenser and tie a rope around the upper tie bar.
- Remove the upper radiator support bracket bolts.
- Remove the upper radiator support brackets.
- Pry upward on the fan shroud tabs at the radiator clips.
- Raise the vehicle.
- Remove the lower radiator air deflector retainers.
- Remove the lower radiator air deflector.