Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the automatic transaxle.
- Remove the flywheel bolts, and note the position of the flywheel to the crankshaft.
Remove the flywheel.
Position the flywheel on the crankshaft as previously noted.
NOTEUse the correct fastener in the correct location. Replacement fasteners must be the correct part number for that application. Fasteners requiring replacement or fasteners requiring the use of thread locking compound or sealant are identified in the service procedure. Do not use paints, lubricants, or corrosion inhibitors on fasteners or fastener joint surfaces unless specified. These coatings affect fastener torque and joint clamping force and may damage the fastener. Use the correct tightening sequence and specifications when installing fasteners in order to avoid damage to parts and systems.
- Install the flywheel bolts, and tighten the flywheel bolts to 39 ft. lbs. (53 Nm) plus 25 degrees.
- Install the automatic transaxle.