The Auto Bleed Procedure may be terminated at any time during the process by pressing the EXIT button. No further Scan Tool prompts pertaining to the Auto Bleed procedure will be given. After exiting the bleed procedure, relieve bleed pressure and disconnect bleed equipment per manufacturer-s instructions. Failure to properly relieve pressure may result in spilled brake fluid causing damage to components and painted surfaces.
- Raise the vehicle on a suitable support.
- Remove all four tire and wheel assemblies.
- Inspect the brake system for leaks and visual damage.
- Inspect the battery state of charge.
- Install a scan tool.
- Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF .
- With the scan tool, establish communications with the EBCM. Select special functions. Select automated bleed from the special functions menu.
- Bleed the base brake system.
- Follow the scan tool directions until the desired brake pedal height is achieved.
If the bleed procedure is aborted, a malfunction exists. Perform the following steps before resuming the bleed procedure:
If a DTC is detected, refer to Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) List -Vehicle , to diagnose the appropriate DTC.
- When the desired pedal height is achieved, press the brake pedal in order to inspect for firmness.
- Remove the scan tool.
- Install the tire and wheel assemblies.
- Inspect the brake fluid level.
- Road test the vehicle while inspecting that the pedal remains high and firm.