Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
Remove the wheel bearing.
Remove the outer tie rod to knuckle nut.
- Using the special tool J24319-B, separate the tie rod from the steering knuckle.
Remove the lower control arm.
- Remove the strut to steering knuckle nuts and bolts.
- Remove the steering knuckle from the vehicle.
- Install the steering knuckle to the strut assembly and if applicable the ABS harness bracket. Tighten the bolts and nuts to 89 ft. lbs. (120 Nm).
- Guide the axle through the steering knuckle.
- Install the lower control arm.
- Install the outer tie rod to the steering knuckle, and tighten the nut to 15 ft. lbs. (20 Nm). Turn the nut an additional 180 degrees and verify the torque to 37 ft. lbs. (50 Nm).
- Install the wheel bearing, brake rotor, brake caliper and front wheels.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Road test the vehicle in order to verify alignment.