Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
Remove the front tires and wheels.
- Disconnect the stabilizer links from the stabilizer shaft.
- Using a suitable jack stand, support the rear of the frame assembly.
- Remove the frame support to body bolts.
- Remove the rear frame assembly mounting bolts.
Lower the rear of the cradle in order to gain clearance to the stabilizer shaft.
- Remove the stabilizer bar clamps and insulators.
- Remove the stabilizer shaft through the opening between the frame and body.
- Position the stabilizer shaft to the frame.
- Install the stabilizer bar clamps and insulators.
- Raise the rear of the cradle.
Install the frame support brackets. Loosely install the bracket and frame to body bolts.
NOTEThe frame and frame support bolts require a minimum of 81 ft. lbs. (110 Nm).
- Tighten the frame and bracket support bolts, and tighten the rear frame to body bolt to 74 ft. lbs. (100 Nm).
- Tighten the frame support bracket to body bolt to 74 ft. lbs. (100 Nm).
- Tighten all the bolts 90 degrees plus an additional 15 degrees.
- Remove the jack stand.
- Connect the stabilizer link to the stabilizer bar.
- Lower the vehicle.