Removal & Installation
- Using the J42450-A , thoroughly clean any rust or corrosion from the mating surface of the hub/axle flange.
- Using the J41013, thoroughly clean any rust or corrosion from the mating surface and mounting surface of the brake rotor.
- Inspect the mating surfaces of the hub/axle flange and the rotor to ensure that there are no foreign particles or debris remaining.
- Install the brake rotor to the hub/axle flange. Use the matchmark made prior to removal for proper orientation to the flange.
- If the brake rotor was removed and installed as part of a brake system repair, measure the assembled Lateral Runout (LRO) of the brake rotor to ensure optimum performance of the disc brakes.
- If the brake rotor assembled LRO measurement exceeds the specification, bring the LRO to within specifications.
- Install the brake caliper mounting bracket an caliper as an assembly to the suspension knuckle.
- Install the tire and wheel assembly.
- Lower the vehicle.
- If the brake rotor was refinished or replaced, or if new brake pads were installed, burnish the pads and rotors.