Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Check to ensure that the park brake is fully released.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove the tire and wheel assembly.
- Remove the brake drum.
If the brake drum is to be reinstalled to the vehicle, use the J 41013 sanding disc in order to clean any rust or corrosion from the hub/flange mating surface of the brake drum.
- If installing a new brake drum, use denatured alcohol or an equivalent approved brake cleaner and a clean shop towel to remove the protective coating from the friction surfaces
- Adjust the drum brakes.
- Install the brake drum.
- Install the tire and wheel assembly.
- Apply the brakes approximately three times in order to seat and center the brake shoes within the drum.
- Lower the vehicle.