These vehicles are equipped with sealed hub and bearing assemblies. The hub and bearing assemblies are non-serviceable. If the assembly is damaged, the complete unit must be replaced.
Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove the tire and wheel assembly.
- Remove the brake rotor.
- Disconnect the electrical connector from the wheel speed sensor, if equipped with Antilock Brake System (ABS).
- Remove the stabilizer link bolt at the knuckle and position the stabilizer link out of the way in order to provide access to the wheel bearing hub nuts.
- Remove the 4 wheel bearing hub assembly nuts.
Remove the wheel bearing hub assembly from the knuckle.
- Install the wheel bearing hub assembly to the knuckle.
- Install the 4 wheel bearing hub assembly nuts and tighten to 47 ft. lbs. (63 Nm).
- Connect the stabilizer link bolt at the knuckle and tighten to 41 ft. lbs. (55 Nm).
- Connect the electrical connector to the wheel speed sensor, if equipped with ABS.
- Install the brake rotor.
- Install the tire and wheel assembly.
- Lower the vehicle.