Removal & Installation
Be careful not to damage sensor edge and sensor rotor teeth. When removing the front or rear wheel hub assembly, first remove the ABS wheel sensor from the assembly. Failure to do so may result in damage to the sensor wires making the sensor inoperative.
Pull out the wheel sensor, being careful to turn it as little as possible. Do not pull on the wheel sensor harness. Installation should be performed while paying attention to the following and then tighten mounting bolts and nuts to the specified torque.
Check if foreign objects such as iron fragments are adhered to the pick-up part of the sensor or to the inside of the hole for the wheel sensor, or if a foreign object is caught in the mating surface of the sensor rotor. If something wrong is found, fix it and then install the wheel sensor.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove appropriate wheel.
Disconnect wheel sensor harness connector and remove harness wire from attachment points.
- Remove wheel sensor bolt and wheel sensor.
- To install, reverse removal procedure.
- On 350Z, when installing front sensor, be sure to press rubber grommets in until they lock at the three locations (2 at shock absorbers and 1 at body panel). When installed, harness must not be twisted. White line on harness (shaded part) must be visible from front.