Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Drain the cooling system.
- Release the fuel system pressure.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
On 350Z, remove or disconnect the following:
Strut tower bar
On Maxima, remove or disconnect the following:
Throttle body coolant hoses
Remove the fuel injector assembly by performing the following procedures:
- Detach the electrical connectors from the fuel injectors.
- Disconnect the fuel lines from the fuel injector assembly.
- Remove the fuel rail-to-cylinder head bolts.
- Remove the fuel rail assembly from the engine.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Intake manifold bolts/nuts in the reverse of the installation sequence
Clean all gasket mounting surfaces.
- Using new gaskets, install the intake manifold to the engine.
- If necessary, tighten the intake manifold stud bolts to 87-104 inch lbs. (10-12 Nm).
- Torque the intake manifold bolts in sequence as follows:
On 350Z, install or connect the following:
Install the lower intake manifold collector bolts and tighten to 10 ft. lbs. (14 Nm)
- Install PCV hose.
Install upper intake manifold collector bolts and tighten to 10 ft. lbs. (14 Nm)
- Install EVAP solenoid valve bracket.
- Install vacuum and water hoses to intake manifold collector.
- Install fuel injector and fuel tube assembly.
Install electronic throttle control actuator bolts in the sequence shown and tighten to 64-85 inch lbs. (7-10 Nm).
- Install air cleaner case and duct.
- Install engine cover.
- Install strut tower bar and tighten to 24 ft. lbs. (32 Nm).
- Install the lower intake manifold collector bolts and tighten to 10 ft. lbs. (14 Nm)
On Maxima, install or connect the following, and perform the following procedures:
- Install the fuel rail assembly to the engine.
- Install the fuel rail-to-cylinder head bolts and tighten the bolts to 15-20 ft. lbs. (21-26 Nm) in 2 progressive steps.
- Connect the fuel lines to the fuel injector assembly.
- Connect the electrical connectors to the fuel injectors.
Install the intake manifold collector. Torque the fasteners to 13-15 ft. lbs. (17.5-21.5 Nm).
- Install crank angle sensor and transmitter electrical connectors.
- Connect right side ignition coil electrical connectors.
- Install intake manifold collector support brackets.
- Install canister purge and blow by hoses.
- Install throttle body, EGR valve and intake manifold collector hoses.
- Install IAC valve and fuel pressure regulator hoses.
- Connect TP sensor electrical connector.
- Connect throttle body coolant hose.
- On all models, connect the negative battery cable.
- Fill the cooling system.
- Start the vehicle, check for leaks and repair if necessary.