Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
Remove or disconnect the following:
- Install lower control arm and the compression rod bushing clamp into the vehicle.
- Install link bushing pin, if removed from the control arm.
Tighten all bolts and nuts until they are snug enough to support the weight of the vehicle but not fully tight, the bolts should be torqued to specification with the vehicle on the floor.
NOTEAlways use a new nut when installing the ball joint to the control arm.
- Install ABS wheel sensor and torque the bolt to 13-17 ft. lbs. (18-24 Nm).
- Install front wheels.
Torque the bolts attaching the compression rod bushing clamp and the link bushing pin, in the proper sequence to 87-108 ft. lbs. (118-147 Nm).
- If the link bushing pin was removed from the control arm torque the attaching nut to 87-108 ft. lbs. (118-147 Nm).
- Torque the sway bar attaching nut to 30-35 ft. lbs. (41-47 Nm).
- Check the vehicle alignment.