Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section, including Air Bag Precautions.
- Disconnect the negative and positive battery cables, then wait at least 3 minutes.
- Remove the CVT finisher.
- Pull up on the rear portion of cluster lid C, once the 4 bottom clips are disengaged, pull rearward to release molded clips at the top of cluster lid C.
- Disconnect the electrical connectors.
- Remove front air control, storage bin, hazard switch, aux in jack, and power outlet.
- Separate the combination meter from the instrument panel and disconnect the harness to remove.
- Remove the front center console.
- Remove center stack assembly.
- Remove and disconnect instrument mask RH, optical sensor.
- Remove and disconnect instrument mask LH, sun sensor and security sensor.
- Partially remove and place the front door welts aside.
- Remove front pillar garnishes.
- Remove front kicking plates.
- Remove lower dash side trim panels.
- Remove passenger air bag to steering member assembly bolt.
- Disconnect passenger side air bag electrical connector.
- Remove the steering lock escutcheon.
Remove the steering column.
WARNINGThe rotation of the spiral cable (SRS air bag component part) is limited. If the steering gear must be removed, set the front wheels in the straight-ahead direction. Do not rotate the steering column while the steering gear is removed. Remove the steering wheel before disconnecting the coupling joint to avoid damaging the spiral cable.
- Remove the ignition push knob.
- Remove instrument panel.
- Remove the main defroster duct.
- Disconnect the GPS antenna.
- Remove the GPS antenna.
- Remove the instrument panel finisher.
- Installation is in the reverse order of removal.