- Remove the two front tires with power tool.
- Remove cotter pin and nut. Discard cotter pin.
- Disconnect the outer tie-rod ends using tool.
- Disconnect the outer stabilizer bar ends with power tool.
- Remove the stabilizer bracket rear bolts and loosen the front bolts with power tool.
- Remove the lower joint pinch bolt.
- Disconnect the power steering high and low pressure lines from the power steering gear.
- Reposition the stabilizer bar up and out of the way.
Remove the two gear housing mounting bolts.
NOTEDo not remove the gear housing mounting bracket from the gear housing.
- Remove the power steering gear and linkage assembly.
Installation is in the reverse order of removal.
- Tighten mounting bolts to 90 ft. lbs. (122.5 Nm).