Removal & Installation
- Remove wheel and tire using power tool.
- Remove union bolt if necessary, and torque member bolts using power tool, then remove caliper assembly.
Remove caliper and disc rotor. If the disc rotor cannot be removed, remove as follows:
- Make sure parking brake lever is completely disengaged.
- Hold down the disc rotor with the wheel nut and remove the adjuster hole plug.
- Insert a flat-bladed screwdriver through the plug opening and rotate the star wheel on the adjuster assembly to loosen and retract the brake shoes.
- Prior to removing disc rotor, make alignment mark using a marker between the hub and disc rotor, if reusing disc rotor.
- Remove wheel nut and rotor.
- Install disc rotor.
- Align marks made during removal on the hub and disc rotor, if reusing disc rotor.
- Install caliper assembly to the vehicle, and tighten torque member bolts to 62 ft. lbs. (84 Nm).