Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Set a floor jack on the rear lower link to remove the lower shock absorber nut and bolt.
- Remove the rear wheel.
- Remove fixing bolt in lower side of shock absorber assembly with power tool.
- Remove mounting seal bracket fixing nuts of shock absorber upper side with power tool and remove shock absorber from vehicle.
- Reverse the removal procedure and tighten the upper shock nuts to 20 ft. lbs. (24 Nm) for the Maxima, 21 ft. lbs. (28 Nm) for the 350Z, and the lower bolt to 74-88 ft. lbs. (100-120 Nm).