DIAGNOSIS & TESTING
Glow Plug Inspection
- Disconnect the wiring from the glow plug.
- Using an ohmmeter, check the continuity between each glow plug terminal and the cylinder head.
- If continuity does not exist, remove and replace the glow plug.
- Unfasten the glow plug relay connector. Using a suitable jumper, attach the wire to the battery and the relay connector. Also, connect a suitable ohmmeter to the relay connector.
- If the ohmmeter shows continuity when the battery is connected, the relay is good.
- If the ohmmeter shows no continuity when the battery is connected, the relay is not good and should be replaced.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the glow plug connector nut, lockwasher and flatwasher, then remove the glow plug connector wire from its terminal.
- Using a suitable tool, remove the glow plug from the engine.
- Installation is the reverse order of the removal procedure.