REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
High Pressure Lines
You should not remove the high pressure injection lines from the pump and nozzles unless you have a suitable means (plastic caps) to seal off the openings, so dirt cannot enter the delicate diesel fuel system.
The four injection pipes are clamped together as an assembly to dampen vibration.
- Unscrew the four caps on the pump ends and the four caps on the nozzle ends.
- Remove the assembly. Be sure to plug all openings with suitable plastic caps if the assembly is to be removed for more than a few minutes.
- During installation, make sure that all lines are positioned squarely in their openings at both ends to prevent crossthreading of the caps and nozzles or pump connections. Torque the caps to 23-34 ft. lbs. (31-46 Nm).
- Remove the high pressure injection lines, as described earlier.
- Disconnect the flexible drain line from the return line assembly, then plug the openings.
- Remove the four nozzle nuts which retain the return line assembly to the injection nozzles, then lift the assembly squarely off the nozzles. Remove the washers underneath and supply new ones. If the assembly will be removed for a any length of time, cover the open ends of the nozzles with a clean rag.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.