REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the clamp supporting the pipe running from the exhaust mounted converter to the front of the rear converter. Remove the nuts and the springs which fasten the rear of this pipe to the front of the rear converter.
- Remove the three nuts and washers fastening this pipe to the bottom of the exhaust manifold mounted converter. Disconnect the secondary air line where it passes into the top of this pipe.
- Pull the pipe down and off the exhaust manifold mounted converter, then forward and off the rear converter. Remove both gaskets.
- Remove the nuts from the upper side of the flange on the exhaust manifold. Then, pull the converter downward and off the exhaust manifold. Remove the gasket.
- Clean all flanges, then install a new exhaust manifold mounted converter in reverse order, using new gaskets. Work the pipe connecting the two converters onto the studs of the rear converter before connecting it with the exhaust manifold mounted studs.