REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Support the door securely. Then, using a wax pencil or crayon, make an outline of the hinge where it attaches to the door.
- Remove the door trim panel, and unfasten the electrical connectors for the power windows, door locks etc. (if equipped). Remove the hinge-to-door attaching bolts.
- Remove the door.
- Align the door hinge with the mark previously made on the door.
- Install the hinge-to-door attaching bolts.
- Attach the electrical connections.
- Tighten the bolts securely. Check the door for proper movement and, if applicable, operation of power accessories.
Door Latch Striker
See Figure 4
The door latch striker can be adjusted laterally and vertically as well as fore and aft. The striker should not be adjusted to correct door sag.
- Loosen the attaching screws and move the door latch striker as required.
- Tighten the attaching screws and check the door for fit. Repeat the procedure if necessary.
See Figure 3
The door hinges provide sufficient adjustment latitude to correct most door misalignment conditions. Do not cover up a poor door alignment with the door latch striker adjustment.
- Loosen the hinge attaching bolts and move the hinge as required.
- Tighten the attaching bolts and check the door for fit. Repeat the procedure if necessary.