REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- If so equipped, unfasten the inside hood release handle.
- Remove the steering wheel and the lower steering column cover.
- Remove the glove box, switch panel and console.
- Remove the meter (gauge) hood, heater control panel mounting screws and separate the heater controls from the instrument panel frame. Remove the combination meter.
- Remove the air duct(s) and the steering shaft mounting bracket bolts. Allow the column to lower.
- Disconnect and label the meter wiring. Unfasten the mounting bolts and remove the crash pad and instrument panel.
- Position and fasten the crash pad and instrument panel, being careful to route the wiring correctly. Attach the meter wiring to its appropriate connections.
- Raise the steering column to its normal operating position and install the steering shaft mounting bracket bolts. Connect the air ducts.
- Install the combination meter. Install the heater controls into the instrument panel frame with the mounting screws. Attach the meter hood.
- Install the console, switch panel and glove box.
- Install the steering wheel column cover and steering wheel.
- If applicable, attach the inside hood release handle.
- Connect the negative battery cable.