REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8
Some instrument, marker and other bulbs are accessible without removing the lens. To service these bulbs, grasp and twist the socket from the rear, then withdraw the socket and bulb assembly. Simply pull out the bulb and push in a replacement, then reposition and twist the socket in place.
The access to some rear light bulbs is often hidden behind carpeting or other interior trim.
- If necessary, unfasten the attaching screw(s) from the lens, then remove the lens and gasket.
- Depress and twist the lamp to the left (counterclockwise) to remove it.
- Inspect the socket for corrosion and clean or replace, if necessary.
- Align the retaining pins on the side of the bulb with the socket channels, then push and twist the bulb to the right (clockwise) until it locks in position.
- If the socket was removed from the light housing, reposition and gently twist the socket to lock it in place. Otherwise, position the lens and gasket, then fasten the retaining screw(s).