REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Remove the brake lever covers (or console if applicable).
- Remove the adjusting screw from the cable at the parking brake lever.
- Raise the car and support it safely.
- Working underneath the car, unhook the tension spring at the front of the cable.
- Remove the cotter pins and remove the link pins attaching the rear ends of the cable to the rear brake half cables.
- Remove the cable.
- Route and attach the new cable(s). Install the link pins with new cotter pins.
- Fasten the tension spring at the front of the cable.
Turn the adjusting nuts so that the equalizer is at a 90 degree angle to the front parking brake cable.
- Lower the vehicle, then install the cable adjusting screw at the brake lever.
- Adjust the brake lever stroke as described below, then install the lever covers or console.