REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7
- Drain the coolant from the radiator.
- Disconnect the coolant reservoir hose at the radiator. On 929s, disconnect the vacuum hoses from the fresh air duct and remove the duct. If so equipped, detach the water temperature switch electrical connector at the bottom of the radiator.
- Remove the fan shroud and fan blade assembly. On models equipped with an electric fan motor, disconnect the wiring harness (if not already done), then remove the fan and cowling mount.
- Remove the upper and lower radiator hoses. Disconnect the automatic transmission/transaxle cooler lines, if equipped. Plug the openings to prevent leakage.
- Remove the radiator mounting bolts and brackets, then remove the radiator.
- Inspect the radiator for cracks, damage and leakage. Remove all road debris from the cooling fins.
- Lower the radiator into the vehicle and onto its mounting. Install the attaching hardware.
- Connect the automatic transmission/transaxle cooler lines, if equipped. Connect the upper and lower hoses.
- Install the fan blade assembly and shroud or fan/cowling mount assembly. On electric models, fasten the harness connector.
- If applicable, connect the water temperature switch electrical lead. On the 929, install the fresh air duct and connect the vacuum hoses.
- Check that the drain cock is closed, then fill the cooling system to the proper level. Connect the negative battery cable, if applicable.
- Start the engine and check for leaks.