REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure, then disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the throttle body (dynamic chamber) as described earlier in this section.
- Disconnect the fuel hose and pipe.
- Unfasten the injector connectors.
- Remove the pressure regulator and distribution pipe.
- Remove the injectors.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Be sure to install new O-rings.
- After installation, check for leaks with the fuel pressure applied.
You can test injectors electrically either on or off the car. Detach the electrical wiring and use an ohmmeter between the two prongs of the electrical connector. The injectors used in the RX-7 should have a resistance of 1.5-3 ohms.Injector Fuel Leak
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Remove the delivery pipe and fuel injectors. Affix the injectors to the distribution pipe with some wire.
Affix the injectors firmly to the distribution pipe so no movement of the injectors is possible.
- Turn the ignition switch to the ON position. Use a jumper wire and connect the terminals of the fuel pump check connector. Make sure that the fuel does not leak from the injector nozzles.
- After approximately five minutes, a very small (slight) amount of fuel leakage from the injectors is acceptable. If this leakage exceeds more than a few drops, replace the injector.
- If the injector leaks fuel at a fast rate, replace the injector. If the injectors do not leak, remove all test equipment and install the components in the reverse order of their removal.