REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The throttle body is part of the vehicle's air intake system. It regulates the amount of air supplied to the engine for combustion.
The throttle body is calibrated at the factory. If there are problems with the adjustment of the throttle adjusting screw or with the action, air tightness, or operation of the throttle, replace the assembly or refer the repair to a qualified shop.Non-Turbo
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Detach the accelerator cable from the throttle linkage. Disconnect the cruise control cable (if so equipped).
- Disconnect the air funnel. Disconnect the hoses and tubes from the throttle body.
- Detach the throttle position sensor connector. Disconnect the metering oil pump connecting rod from the throttle actuating lever.
- Unfasten the throttle body retaining screws and remove the throttle body assembly from the dynamic chamber.
- Position the throttle body on the dynamic chamber with a new gasket. Install and tighten the attaching screws.
- Connect the metering oil pump connecting rod to the throttle actuating lever. Connect the throttle position sensor.
- Connect the air and vacuum hoses. Connect the air funnel and tighten the hose clamps.
- Connect the cruise control (if applicable) and accelerator cables. Check and adjust the accelerator cable deflection.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
In order to remove the throttle body, the dynamic chamber assembly must be removed. Removal of the dynamic chamber is described in Engine & Engine Overhaul .