See Figure 1
- Unfasten the throttle sensor connector. Connect a suitable ohmmeter to the sensor as shown in the illustration.
- Open the throttle valve and observe the resistance readings. Normal readings are as follows:
Throttle opening A to C:
- Reattach the connector. If the resistance readings are not as specified, adjust the throttle sensor.
See Figures 2 and 3
- Warm up the engine to operating temperature, then shut it OFF . Unfasten the connector from the throttle position sensor. Connect the throttle position sensor tester (Part No. 49-F018-001 or equivalent) to the green check connector. Turn the ignition switch ON and check whether one of the tester lamps illuminates.
If such a tester is not available, you can substitute two voltmeters as illustrated. Instead of illumination, look for needle sweeps.
- If both lamps illuminate or if neither one does, turn the throttle sensor adjusting screw until only one of them lights. Turn the adjusting screw counterclockwise if both lamps illuminate or clockwise if both lamps DO NOT illuminate.
- Reinstall the cap on the screw after adjustment is completed.
Do not apply excessive pressure on the adjusting screw, as it may cause incorrect adjustment.