REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6
- Remove the screws which secure the ornament or crash pad/horn button assembly to the steering wheel. If there are no mounting screws, pry the pad off, starting at the top. Remove the assembly.
- Make matchmarks on the steering wheel and steering shaft.
- Unfasten the steering wheel hub nut. Attach a suitable puller and remove the steering wheel by tightening the puller's center bolt.
- Installation of the steering wheel is performed in the reverse order of removal. Tighten the steering wheel nut to 25-36 ft. lbs. (34-49 Nm).
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the horn cap and make matchmarks on the steering column shaft and the steering wheel to insure that the wheel is installed in the correct position.
- Pull the steering wheel off with a puller.
- Install the steering wheel in the reverse order of removal, being sure to align the matchmarks made during removal. Tighten the steering wheel nut to 22-29 ft. lbs. (30-39 Nm).