REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Loosen the rear wheel lug nuts. Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the rear wheel and remove the center hub cap (if equipped). If equipped, uncrimp the locknut and remove it.
- If the drum is secured the to hub by screws, remove them.
- Pull the brake drum outward to remove. If the brake drum is difficult to remove, push the operating lever stopper at the backing plate upward to release the operating lever and to increase the shoe clearance.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. If equipped, install a new locknut and tighten it to 72-130 ft. lbs. (98-177Nm). Crimp the locknut. If equipped with screws, tighten them until snug.
Inpect the brake drum for any abnormal scratches, uneven or abnormal wear. Minor items may be corrected by sanding lightly. Refer to the brake specifications chart for wear limits.