REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
1990-92 626, MX-6, 1992-93 MX-3, 1990-94 323 and Protege
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- On 626 and MX-6 models, remove the center storage pocket from below the radio.
- Remove the trim panel from around the radio. Be careful not to break the trim panel clips.
- Remove the radio mounting screws and remove the radio. Unplug the connectors at the back of the radio.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
1994-95 MX-3, 1993-98 626/MX-6/Probe, 1995-98 Protege and Millenia
See Figures 2, 3, 4 and 5
- Using a protected prytool, pry out the hole covers on the radio unit.
- Use Mazda special radio puller tools 49 UN01 050, or equivalent, and pull the radio out.
Two sets of tools will be required if the radio unit also includes the CD changer controller.
- Detach the antenna and electrical connectors from the back of the unit.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. The anti-theft code must be entered to the radio to reset it once the power has been disconnected from the radio. Consult with the original owners manual for this code.