REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Pull back the rubber boot covering the electrical harness then unplug the connector.
- Remove the pin from the door check strap.
- Mark the relationship of the door to the hinge with a crayon or marker for installation purposes.
- Have an assistant support the door and remove the upper and lower hinge mounting bolts.
- Remove the door from the vehicle.
- Have an assistant support the door in place and install the mounting bolts.
- Align the hinge and the door with the previously made marks. Tighten the hinge bolts to 13-22 ft. lbs. (18-29 Nm).
- Install the pin to the door check strap.
- Engage the electrical connector then install the rubber boot.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
See Figure 2
The door latch striker can be adjusted laterally and vertically as well as fore and aft. The striker should not be adjusted to correct door sag.
- Loosen the striker attaching screws and move the striker as required.
- Tighten the attaching screws and check the door for fit. Repeat the procedure if necessary.
The door hinges provide sufficient adjustment latitude to correct most door misalignment conditions. Do not cover up a poor door alignment with the door latch striker adjustment.
- Loosen the hinge attaching bolts and move the hinge as required.
- Tighten the attaching bolts and check the door for fit. Repeat the procedure if necessary.