REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Open and support the trunk lid securely.
- Mark the position of the trunk lid hinge in relation to the trunk lid. Disconnect the trunk lid stay from its mounting bracket, if so equipped.
- Remove the two bolts attaching the hinge to the trunk lid.
- Remove the trunk lid from the vehicle.
- Align the marks on the trunk lid with the hinges.
- Install the hinge-to-trunk lid bolts.
- Tighten the trunk lid bolts and adjust if necessary.
To make the side-to-side adjustment, loosen the trunk lid attaching bolts and move the trunk lid as necessary. Tighten the trunk lid attaching bolts.
To make the up-and-down adjustment, loosen the hinge-to-hinge support attaching bolts and raise or lower the hinge as necessary. The trunk lid is at the correct height when it is flush with the trunk deck.
To adjust the trunk lid lock, loosen the striker attaching bolts, and move the striker as required, then tighten the attaching bolts.