ATF Dexron®II or M-III® fluid should be used.
All Models Except 13-98 626 and MX-6 Models
All models are equipped with a power steering fluid reservoir. The reservoir is translucent with FULL ( F ) and LOW ( L ) fluid level markings. The fluid should be kept filled to the FULL mark at all times.13-98 626 and MX-6 Models
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Park the vehicle on level ground and apply the parking brake.
- Turn the engine OFF and allow it to cool.
- Remove the combination filler cap and dipstick.
- Wipe the dipstick clean and reinstall.
- Remove the combination filler cap and dipstick and inspect the fluid level.
- The fluid level should be between the H and L marks on the dipstick. Add fluid as necessary.