REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 10
- As required, remove the side trim panels from the inside of the trunk or the rear seat and trim.
- If equipped with Automatic Adjusting Suspension (AAS) system, disconnect the wiring and remove the cap. Loosen and remove the top mounting nuts from the strut mounting block assembly.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle and remove the rear wheels. The suspension will drop when the weight lifts off the wheels.
- Unclip the brake line or wiring retainers as required and unbolt the bottom strut mount. Remove the strut.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.
Overhaul procedures for the rear strut assembly are identical to the front strut overhaul procedures. Refer to front suspension strut overhaul found in this section.