REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
323/Protege, MX-3 and 1990-92 MX6, 626
- Raise and safely support the vehicle and remove the wheels.
- Before disconnecting the stabilizer bar link, on all except MX-3, measure the length of the threads protruding above the locknut. Remove the nuts and through bolt to disconnect the stabilizer bar.
- Remove the nuts and bolts as required and remove the control arms.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Make sure to properly adjust the stabilizer bar before tightening the locknuts and check rear wheel alignment.
See Figures 1 through 9
- Raise and safely support the vehicle. Remove the wheel and tire assemblies.
- Remove the access cap from the underside of the rear crossmember.
- Remove the bolts and nuts and remove the lateral links and trailing link. If removing the rear lateral link, paint an alignment mark on the cam plate and crossmember for assembly reference.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Do not final tighten the bolts until the vehicle is on the ground and at normal ride height.