REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Loosen the lug nuts on the rear wheels.
- Block the front wheels, then raise and safely support the rear of the vehicle securely on jackstands.
- Remove the rear wheels.
- If equipped with drum brakes, remove the drum.
- If equipped with disc brakes, remove the caliper and the rotor assembly from the hub.
- Remove the hub dust cover.
- Raise the staked portion of the hub retaining nut with a hammer and chisel. Remove and discard the nut.
- Pull the hub and bearing assembly from the spindle.
- The wheel bearings are not serviceable. If the bearings are bad, a new hub/bearing assembly must be installed.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. If necessary, adjust the brake assembly.