The air cleaner is a paper element contained in a housing located in the engine compartment. The air filter element should be serviced according to the Maintenance Intervals Chart at the end of this Section.
Check the air filter element more often if the vehicle is operated under severe dusty conditions and replace, as necessary
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 6
- Ensure that the ignition is in the OFF position.
- If necessary, loosen the air intake hose clamp.
- Disconnect the airflow meter electrical connector from the cover.
- Remove the air cleaner housing cover bolts and/or unclip the air cleaner housing cover clips.
- Carefully lift the air cleaner housing cover upward to gain access to the filter.
- If necessary for access, remove the housing cover.
- Remove the air cleaner element from the housing.
- Inspect the air cleaner element and replace as necessary.
- Clean any dirt or other foreign material from the air filter housing.
- Install the air filter element and the air filter cover.
- Install and tighten the housing cover bolts and/or fasten the housing cover clips.
- Connect the electrical connector to the air flow meter.